Glass’s unique properties put it at the cutting-edge of technology. Glass is resistant to corrosion, scratches, and thermal shock. Glass reflects, bends, transmits, and absorbs light. These properties and more are why glass has become a part of our everyday lives, found in architecture, transportation, technology, and so much more. Glass also enables progress in medical research, space exploration, and optics.
Read More: Advantages of Tempered Glass
Fundamental research on the structure and chemical makeup of glass is required to further expand on the properties of glass. Notable glass research topics include:
- Smart glass
- Switchable glazing
- Photosensitive glazing
- Electrochromic glazing
- Anti-reflective properties
- Clean energy generation
- Functional integrations in glass
- Audio glass
Read More: Smart Glass and Artificial Intelligence
The future of glass is full of unlimited possibilities. With advancements in research, the future of glass could involve:
- Smart containers
- Glass bottles change color depending on the temperature of the contained liquid
- Interactive drinking glasses
- Mirrors that assess your health
- Jewelry that reads your body temperature
- Windows that power your car
- Better glass
- As glass becomes stronger, thinner, lighter, more scratch resistant, bendable, and available in more complex shapes, new products and opportunities will continue to emerge across all industries
Techni-Glass is excited to be part of the future of glass. What do you see in the future of glass? With the advancements of the glass industry as a whole and Techni-Glass’s wide and expanding range of custom glass fabrication capabilities, the results are limited only by your imagination.
Ready to get started? Simply fill out the form below to start the process, beginning with a no-obligation quote.